College Valley is a beautiful, remote and private place and is perfect for you to enjoy a safe break. We welcome you back from 4th July.
– We will be carrying out additional cleaning, by thoroughly disinfecting and paying particular attention to high touch areas.
-Please do not travel if you have Covid-19 symptoms and let us know immediately if you develop covid-19 symptoms during your stay
– Only 2 households can stay at each property as per government advice – you should socially distance from anyone not in your household or bubble.
This traditional harled Northumbrian stone farmhouse which sits alone on the foot of Cheviot is surrounded by beautiful and totally unspoilt scenery with panoramic views from all windows.
A truly idyllic and remote hideaway accessed by a single-track road, the nearest neighbour is over a mile away.
- 1 x super king-size bed, en-suite bathroom
- 3 x twin rooms with beds (one with en-suite)
- Bed linen, electric blankets and towels provided. Comfy beds.
- Fast, unlimited Wi-Fi
- Spacious sitting room with open fire (logs provided)
- Dining room with wonderful views up Bizzle Crags.
- Well-equipped kitchen with dual fuel cooking range
- Large utility room, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Bathroom (upstairs). Seperate WC (downstairs).
- Large enclosed garden with furniture and charcoal barbecue..
- No TV reception
- Oil central heating
- Dogs welcome in kitchen. 2 kennels with runs. Please read our dog policy here.
- 27 miles to the Northumberland Coast
- 13 miles to a pub/shop.
**Bookings can start any day of the week**
♥ What we love that makes Dunsdale special……
- Sits at the very foot of Cheviot, the highest peak in the area – 815m high
- The wonderful wild cherries to pick on the doorstep.
- The heather clad moorland in Summer.
- Enjoying sitting by the stream just in front of the property and reading.
- Having a relaxing bath while looking at the views
Beautiful, cosy, well equipped cottage. Scenery is spectacular even in poor weather.
Came for our nieces wedding 5/10/19 and don’t want to leave.
Another lovely visit to the ‘College Valley’. It really is such a special place and well managed.
Good walking, weather and managed to reach the summit of ‘The Cheviot’ with our two dogs. 24km no problem to them! They still had the energy to run about afterwards!
Lovely to see the House Martins, Mistle Thrush and Wheateaters.
Wonderful, magical summer family holiday.
Happy memories of glorious days with 3 generations of family.
Traveling by Car:
From the South:
Leave the A1 for the A697 north of Morpeth, signed for Coldstream. Stay on the road until a couple of miles north of Wooler; at Akeld buildings there is a left turn signposted to Kirknewton and Yetholm. Turn left and follow the road for three miles. Go through Kirknewton and over the little bridge, just after the bridge there are some cottages on the left. At the end of the cottages turn left, signposted to Hethpool.
From the North:
Take the A697 south from the A68. Cross the bridge into England at Coldstream and through Cornhill and Crookham. South of Crookham take the second right – soon after the left to Ford Castle – Go past Flodden and over a cross roads, pass several buildings on your left and at the bottom of a hill where the road swings round to the right turn left, which is actually going straight on. Cross the river and when you come to a T-junction turn left. Follow the road past Kilham until you come to a row of cottages on the right, immediately before the cottages turn right signposted Hethpool.
The Valley is not easily accessed by public transport, however the East Coast mainline stations of Alnmouth and Berwick are within easy travelling distance. Regular bus services are available to Wooler from each station, and, if willing to continue, a bus can be caught to Kirknewton. From there you would have roughly an hours walk to the Valley.
Print out maps
- Size: 0m²
- Categories: Cottages