This lovely cottage is hidden away in its own walled garden by the Lamden burn in the Cheviot Hills, Northumberland. Half a mile to the nearest property.
- 1 x double bedroom and 1 x twin bedroom. Electric blankets, bed linen and towels provided. Comfy beds.
- Delightful sitting room with open fire and superb views across the garden towards Cheviot.
- Large kitchen with fabulous views, farmhouse table and dual fuel range.
- Bathroom (downstairs).
- Enclosed walled garden with BBQ and stream running through it.
- Fast, unlimited Wi-Fi.
- Dogs welcome in hard floor areas only. Please read our dog policy here.
- Oil Central heating
- No TV reception
- Narrow staircase may be a problem for those with limited mobility.
- 25 miles from the Northumberland coast.
- 11 miles from a pub/shop
**Bookings can start on any day of the week**
♥ What we love that makes Coldburn special…..
- The walled garden surrounded by trees makes it very private.
- The stream running through the garden for children and adults alike to enjoy.
- A garden full of birds, and lots of other wildlife right on the doorstep.
Awesome. Comfortable. Warm. Stunning views and walks. Me happy. Dogs happy. Will all come again soon 😊
Thank you to Ros Harris and Mr and Mrs Iveson for keeping the cottage so lovely and inviting, beautifully clean and being so helpful with a last-minute booking!
The weather has been glorious, a bonus. We have had a wonderful time. Monty the dog thought he had gone to heaven, burn and big garden.
The valley is beautiful and the cottage so comfortable. I will be back.
Coldburn is an absolute haven of peace surrounded by stunning scenery even when the rain monsooned down for 2 days, the sounds of the now torrents of water rushing over the waterfall were wonderful. Very sorry to leave. Thanks to all concerned for the chance to stay in such a beautiful place.
Traveling by Car:
From the South:
Leave the A1 for the A697 north of Morpeth, signed for Coldstream. Stay on the road until a couple of miles north of Wooler; at Akeld buildings there is a left turn signposted to Kirknewton and Yetholm. Turn left and follow the road for three miles. Go through Kirknewton and over the little bridge, just after the bridge there are some cottages on the left. At the end of the cottages turn left, signposted to Hethpool.
From the North:
Take the A697 south from the A68. Cross the bridge into England at Coldstream and through Cornhill and Crookham. South of Crookham take the second right – soon after the left to Ford Castle – Go past Flodden and over a cross roads, pass several buildings on your left and at the bottom of a hill where the road swings round to the right turn left, which is actually going straight on. Cross the river and when you come to a T-junction turn left. Follow the road past Kilham until you come to a row of cottages on the right, immediately before the cottages turn right signposted Hethpool.
The Valley is not easily accessed by public transport, however the East Coast mainline stations of Alnmouth and Berwick are within easy travelling distance. Regular bus services are available to Wooler from each station, and, if willing to continue, a bus can be caught to Kirknewton. From there you would have roughly an hours walk to the Valley.
Print out maps
- Amenities: Bathroom, Double bed, Free private parking, Pets allowed, Telephone, Wardrobe
- View: Cheviot Hills
- Size: 0m²
- Bed Type: 1 x double room and 1 x twin room
- Categories: Cottages