This delightful single storey cottage sits on a small knoll between the two arms of the valley looking to the Border Ridge on one side and The Schil on the other with the junction of the Lambden and College burns below.
- Sleeps 4
- Accommodation all on one level.
- Spacious open plan living room with dining area and open fire (fuel provided).
- Small, fully equipped kitchen with fabulous views. Gas cooker.
- Fast, unlimited Wi-Fi
- 1 luxury super king size bedroom and 1 twin bedded room. Duvets, pillows, electric blankets. Bed linen and towels provided. Comfy beds.
- Large bathroom with underfloor heating – bath, basin, and WC.
- Front and rear enclosed gardens with patio and magnificent views.
- Dogs welcome in hard floor areas. 2 kennels with runs. Please read our dog policy here.
- Utility room with washing machine.
- Oil central heating
- Smart TV (no digital TV signal).
- Whilst this is a remote location, there is a property 50 metres away.
**Bookings can start on any day of the week**
♥ What we love that makes The School House special …….
- It is a short walk to a ford which is great to picnic next to, kids to play in, and especially pooh sticks off Sutherland Bridge.
- The amazing views when washing the dishes!
As always, a lovely break.
The cottage wonderfully comfortable, well-equipped, spotless and beautifully presented. Although the weather let us down a little, the valley was superb as ever, dressed in its autumn colours. Would recommend the Market Tavern in Alnwick for food and a warm welcome.
As always, we’ll be back. Thanks to the folk of College Valley for sharing such a special place.
The cottage is just perfect. We have had a lovely week and wish we were staying for longer.
The valley is beautiful. Lovely views from all windows, including the washing up one! So much to see and enjoy with the cottage offering all the comforts needed at the end of the day.
Super long walks with stunning views. We look forward to coming back.
What a truly stunning county where The School House is perfectly situated in the midst of the majestic ‘hills’ (felt like mountains when climbing them!). The cottage was spotless and quality within was a real joy – thank you, loved the power shower 😊.
We’ve had an amazing two weeks and look forward to returning 😊 😊
Traveling by Car:
From the South:
Leave the A1 for the A697 north of Morpeth, signed for Coldstream. Stay on the road until a couple of miles north of Wooler; at Akeld buildings there is a left turn signposted to Kirknewton and Yetholm. Turn left and follow the road for three miles. Go through Kirknewton and over the little bridge, just after the bridge there are some cottages on the left. At the end of the cottages turn left, signposted to Hethpool.
From the North:
Take the A697 south from the A68. Cross the bridge into England at Coldstream and through Cornhill and Crookham. South of Crookham take the second right – soon after the left to Ford Castle – Go past Flodden and over a cross roads, pass several buildings on your left and at the bottom of a hill where the road swings round to the right turn left, which is actually going straight on. Cross the river and when you come to a T-junction turn left. Follow the road past Kilham until you come to a row of cottages on the right, immediately before the cottages turn right signposted Hethpool.
The Valley is not easily accessed by public transport, however the East Coast mainline stations of Alnmouth and Berwick are within easy travelling distance. Regular bus services are available to Wooler from each station, and, if willing to continue, a bus can be caught to Kirknewton. From there you would have roughly an hours walk to the Valle
Print out maps
- Size: 0m²
- Categories: Cottages